Notes & Pictures from Business of Software Conference USA 2017
Collaborative notes from attendees, blog posts, pictures and other good stuff from the 11th Business of Software Conference USA.
Read on for the definitive guide.
Thanks to all of the hard note taking elves at Business of Software Conference USA.
Notes and blog posts from attendees
— Alex (@jitbit) September 29, 2017
- BoS Conference USA 2017 Collaborative notes Notes taken by attendees at BoS 2017. 20 minute read
- BoS Conference USA 2017 Day 1 Takeaways IDR Solutions take notes on the key takeaways from Day 1, BoS Conference USA 2017. 2 minute read
- BoS Conference USA 2017 Day 2 and 3 Takeaways IDR Solutions take notes on the key takeaways from Day 2 and 3. 2 minute read
- Video interviews with BoS Speakers & Regulars Lianna Patch & Alli Blum, 2 BoS newbies, interview regulars about what they’ve learned and why they keep coming back. 5 minute read + 7 video interviews
- BoS Conference USA 2017, Scott Berkun’s notes Scott Berkun’s notes from day one. BoS USA 2017. 4 minute read
- Lianna Patch Sketchnotes Fantastic Sketch notes of almost all the talks. 10 minute read
- YouCanBookMe’s Culture Deck YCBM’s 6 point culture deck referenced by Bridget Harris in her talk. 3 minute read
- 5 takeaways from Business of Software Conference USA 2017 Mark Stephen’s CEO of IDR Solutions summarizes #BoS2017 in 5 key points 2 minute read
- Attendee feedback and comments. “The pen is horrible” 4 minute read
- Design Origami – Modelling the Attendee Experience. Clever user journey workshop output. 3 minute read
- Software Wisdom from Seth Godin. Abby Sorenson writes for Software Executive Magazine.
- My First Tech Conference: #BoS 2017. BoS Conference is the subject of some literary criticism.
- BoS2017 USA Speaker Reading List. the books our speakers said had the biggest influence on their lives. 2 minute read
Some great #sketchnotes from Josh Seiden
— Josh Seiden (@jseiden) September 20, 2017
— Josh Seiden (@jseiden) September 20, 2017
Slide Decks from Speakers
- Jason Cohen. Healthy, Wealthy and Wise.
- Managing company metrics are important. Managing your mind trumps everything.
- Natalie Nagele. Keeping the Fun in Your Business Life
- Making money, profits, great products and a great work culture are not mutually exclusive goals if the company exists for the people that build it.
- Chris Savage. Growing and Scaling Without the Hassle of the Hustle
- How leadership and management has to change as you scale beyond 100 people and some smart ideas about making customers work for you.
- Sherry Walling. How to Stay at the Top of your Game Without Burning Out or Becoming Boring
- Ever wondered how you and your team could get more done…?
- Scott Berkun. The Dance of the Possible.
- An irreverent and mostly honest way to improve how you work with ideas.
- Bridget Harris. Hiring the Best Talent.
- Some simple steps, some difficult steps, to ensure you hire the best possible talent in your organization.
- David Barrett, Product Driven Growth.
- Why your focus on product is far more important than sales and marketing driven growth.
- Paul Kenny. Turning Software Into Money.
- Selling software successfully and some ideas to focus your mind when you return to base.
- Mike McDerment. How Freshbook’s Fear of Competition Saved the Company
- Every software companies worries about its codebase, usually until it’s too late. Mike took a very risky and unusual approach to solving the problem.
- Joanna Wiebe. Old School Copywriting for New Businesses.
- Anyone that has seen Mad Men knows, killer copy is the art of persuasion. Don’t worry if you’re not in marketing, the same skills apply to anyone that needs to get their points across effectively.
- Rita Gunther McGrath & Mike Sikorsky – Alarming the Enterprise: Software-driven inflection points
- It’s one thing spotting the next thing. It’s quite another getting your organization to take advantage.
- Josh Seiden. Sense and Respond: Principles for the Next Century Of Work
- Rethinking management practices to be fit for the 21st Century.
- Anil Dash. On Evolving a Mature Software Company
- What does putting impact and sustainability, both of business model and company culture, at the heart of your vision for the future mean in practice?
The things I have to do for work.
— Rob Allen (@robspages) September 20, 2017
Come to a Business of Software Conference in 2018
Don't Miss a Thing - Get BoS Updates
Want us to let you know about new talk videos, speaker AMAs, Business of Software Conference and other event updates? Join the smart people who get BoS updates. Unsubscribe anytime. We will never sell your email address.