Two new speakers for Business of Software Conference (28-30th October 2013) and a reminder that the EARLY BIRD rate of $1,695 closes in 24 hours time.
Scott Berkun will share his experiences working at WordPress.com, one of the top 20 websites in the world (by traffic), one of the world’s most distributed companies – there is no office. He’ll share his thoughts on what every organisation can learn from a company that holds no meetings and doesn’t ‘do’ email.
Jeff Gothelf is Managing Director of Neo, a global product innovation company that includes Eric Ries and Joi Ito on the team, with a focus on delivering mobile and web software and helping educate companies to build better software teams.
We hope you will be able to come. Please don’t forget, tickets are available until midnight PST on 8th July (TODAY!) at $1,695 saving $800 on full ticket price. Please, book yourself a place now.
Please join a truly international group of people that care about building long term, sustainable, profitable software businesses and speakers including:
- Professor Rita McGrath, Professor, Columbia Business School: Dynamic strategy. The end of competitive advantage.
- Dan Siroker, CEO, Optimizely, If data can help win elections, what can it do for your business?
- Iris Lapinski, CEO, AppsForGood. What can we learn from a new generation of tech entrepreneurs?
- Mikey Trafton, Founder & CEO, FireAnt Software. Recruiting & hiring a world-class team.
- Dharmesh Shah, Founder & CTO, Hubspot. The Culture Code.
- Mike Muhney, Founder & CEO, VipOrbit. Building sales into code.
- Sarah Hatter, Founder of co-Support: Support is never, ever, as important as product development. Discuss.
- Patrick McKenzie, Kalzumeus Software: Building things to help you sell the things you build.
- Scott Farquhar, CEO, Atlassian: Leadership in crisis. When stuff gets real.
- More information on the talks on the speaker pages.
- Peter Bauer, (CEO & Founder, Mimecast), on the challenges that success brings to staying true to your principles. Very thought provoking.
- Details about this year’s Lightning Talk Competition. Entry deadline is 7th August.
- Jason Cohen, (CEO WP Engine) ‘Why data will make you do the wrong thing?‘ A brilliant talk on the dangers of relying on too much AB Testing and not enough gut feel.
- The mother of all demos. Marking the passing of Doug Engelbert, inventor of the computer mouse but creator of so much more. This live demo of a computer in 1968 is mind blowing.
We hope to see you at BoS 2013. If you haven’t already, don’t forget to book your place today.
What you should do next...
At BoS we run events and publish content that is highly valued by anyone trying to build, run, and scale a great software company.
You should sign up to our no-spam, no-frills newsletter to get early access to exclusive new talks and events:
Upcoming events you shouldn't miss...
Hangout: Creating Software Ecosystems (free attendance)
21st & 28th July
Masterclass: Demand-Side Sales using JTBD with Bob Moesta