29 March 2023, 9-5pm, Møller Centre, Cambridge, UK
An incredibly rare opportunity to learn in-person from Bob Moesta, co architect of Jobs to be Done (JTBD) a framework to help you leverage the force of your customers’ behaviour in order to drive your product improvement.
The day after BoS Europe 2023, you can join Bob Moesta for a deep dive workshop into JTBD and the key frameworks and interviewing skills you need to implement JTBD. You will participate in a live demonstration interview and debrief before running your own interviews with hands-on help from Bob as you proceed. You’ll learn how to collect the essential information you need from customer interviews before exploring strategies for using your interview data points to influence product development, marketing, sales and more.
There will be ample opportunity for questions and discussion around real world challenges and the how of implementing the framework in your organisation.
This BoS Workshop is an opportunity to learn how to put the theory into practice with Bob Moesta, a leading thinker in the field and one of the most brilliant business teachers on the planet.
The Workshop is limited to just 12 attendees.
Understanding why users ‘hire’ your product can make the difference between success and failure of your product. Jobs to be Done is a tool to help you leverage the force of your customers’ behaviour in order to help you understand why people use your product in order to drive marketing and product improvement.
Bob Moesta, co-architect with Clayton Christensen of JTBD, will lead you through an interactive workshop to help you plan, conduct, and process customer interviews using JTBD.
Some understanding of JTBD will be expected from you prior to attending the Workshop. Materials will be provided prior to the class – including reading and videos – for you to be up to speed on the fundamentals so the session will be able to maximise interaction and advice on the implementation of the framework in a very rare opportunity to learn from Bob.
The Workshop is limited to just 12 attendees, to ensure maximum interaction time with Bob and other participants.
You Will Learn
- Jobs to be Done theory: Discover how customers’ behaviors are driven by the progress they are trying to make and the circumstances they are in.
- Interviewing technique: Observe and practice interviewing customers to discover why and how they choose and use specific products and services.
- From observation to insight to product specification: Create a concise summary of customer JTBD to inform product development and improvement.
This will be an interactive and practical session that will dive into action from the get go. You should have an understanding of the basic principles of JTBD before you attend.
Wednesday 29 March 2023, Møller Centre, Cambridge.
- 8.30am arrival.
- 9am Workshop starts
- 12.30pm lunch
- 5pm Workshop ends
The day will include:
- A live demonstration interview and debrief of the JTBD interview technique.
- Participating in your own interviews, as interviewer and interviewee, with hands-on help from Bob as you proceed. These will help you to understand how to run interviews that give you insights into your customers’ struggling moments that will inform your product, sales and marketing approach.
- A discussion session to show you how to collect the essential information you need from customer interviews before exploring strategies for using your interview data points to influence product development, marketing, sales and more.
- A round up, Q&A and discussion about the steps you should take next to start making the progress you want to make.
- Snacks on arrival, networking breaks, lunch provided.
Get in touch
Learn how great SaaS & software companies are run
We produce exceptional conferences & content that will help you build better products & companies.
Join our friendly list for event updates, ideas & inspiration.