Business of Software is a paid conference with limited sponsorship. We focus on delivering value to our customers – the attendees. We know this means not everyone who would like to can afford the cost of attendance.
We’re delighted and grateful for the lovely people at:
- Balsamiq Wireframes
- Software Promotions
- Update. Huge thanks to the awesome April Dunford for contributing additional scholarship places.
As supporters, they help support us to enable smart and awesome people who would otherwise be unable to attend the event to come, learn, join the community and get a helping hand to start the next phase of their career and journey as an entrepreneur.
Is it worth it?
We think so – but don’t take our word for it. Here’s what some previous scholars have to say:
“BoS is more than just a conference. It is a community of people from all over the world who are committed to building great software businesses. Whilst not meaning to simply repeat your own marketing spiel, BoS really did feel like a large group of friends who welcomed new members and openly shared their knowledge. Buoyed by the optimism of this event, I will go back home and enact the learnings!” Henry Jinman
“I have made so many great connections from this event that can assist Code 4000 in helping in many more people in an even more effective way”. Ashley Fulcher, Code 4000
“The two most important days for our startup in 2015 were spent at Business of Software (BoS). Don’t count the things you do. Do the things that count. If you don’t have time to go to this conference, make time. Do what counts.” Angela Hood, ThisWayGlobal
What does a BoS Scholarship involve?
- Scholars get a full pass for the entire conference – for $/£1.
- It’s as simple as that. We don’t single you out as a scholar or, god forbid, a ‘non-paying attendee’ – you’re a BoS Conference attendee, just like everybody else.
- You just need to make sure you have a laptop with a webcam and internet to attend.
BoS Scholarships are for software entrepreneurs, emerging leaders, smart people starting out on their entrepreneurial journey, who otherwise wouldn’t be able to attend the event.
We’re especially keen to encourage applications from:
- Underrepresented groups in the software community. (We’re also working with a number of organisations directly to aid this aim).
- People having a tough year due to a change in circumstances.
- People who are starting out and want to supercharge their knowledge, their experience, their network of great people.
- People who are working to make the world a better place.
We want to bring you into and keep you in the community. We want to help you if we possibly can.
Priority is always given to people who are building things, making things, doing things. Scholarships are not a way for someone to attend the event so they can sell their services.
We’ll be in touch within 24 business hours to let you know if your application has been successful, get you registered, and welcome you to the community.
Learn how great companies are run
At BoS we run events and publish content that is highly valued by anyone trying to build, run, and scale a great software company.
Sign up for a regular dose of actionable and useful content: