A lightning talk is 7 minutes, 15 slides. The slides advance every 30 seconds… can you get your point across, engage your audience and leave them inspired/enlightened/informed?
If so, get your application for a Lightning Talk in now: applications close on July 21st.
Successful applicants get a free place at the conference, but competition is fierce so plan your application carefully. Some tips to help you put your best foot forward:
- Sales pitches are a definite no-no.
- Be realistic about what you can deliver in 7 minutes.
- Pick your topic carefully: it’s better to cover 1 idea well than lots badly
- What’s the key take-away(s) you want your audience to get out of your talk?
- Delivery is key to a great Lightning Talk: don’t tell us you’re great, show us. Send us links to past talks you’ve done, or if you haven’t done one before, find a webcam and film yourself speaking to camera.
To get an idea of what’s worked well previously, check out some of our previous Lightning Talks below.
When you’re ready, get your application in – but no later than July 21st. we’ll be in touch with successful applicants by the end of July. GOOD LUCK!
Mark Abramson – Defining Your Customer, Articulating Their Problem
Claire Lew – How To Listen to What Your Employees Need You to Know
James Archer – Design Mistakes That Just Won’t Die
Get your Fall BoS Conference Ticket
27 - 29 September 2021, Online
BoS Conferences are the events professional CEOs and serious founders attend to learn how to build, run, and scale successful software companies.
First batch of speakers and sessions have been announced. Attendance is limited to 300 spots.