At Business of Software Conference USA 2015, Alex Osterwalder described the key steps in designing an effective organisational culture.
In most companies, there is a gap between the actual culture and the desired culture.
“Your company’s culture is your operating system” – Dave Gray.
Why does culture matter and how can we design it?
Potential Culture Issues
- Loudest people get promoted
- Bonuses not correlated to current performance
- Culture of fear
- Managers don’t give feedback
What does a great company look like?
- Makes a profit
- Gets customers excited
- Gets employees excited
- Makes the world better
“The world is full of bankrupt companies with world-class cultures. Culture does not make a company” – Ben Horowitz
This applies to startups, but existing companies can suffer dramatically from bad culture.
- Used to systematically design organizational cultures
- Based in research on culture development and success
- Uses experimentation and testing to design better organizational cultures
AMA Held January 2017
The 11th Business of Software Conference USA, September 18-20th 2017. Boston, MA.
Don't Miss a Thing - Get BoS Updates
Want us to let you know about new talk videos, speaker AMAs, Business of Software Conference updates? Join the smart people who get BoS updates. Unsubscribe anytime. We will never sell your email address.