A practical, hands-on way to understand how the human brain works and apply that knowledge to user experience and product design. Learn the psychological principles behind how our brain makes sense of the world and apply that to product design and create easy to use, innovative products.
This Masterclass comprises of 4 sessions:
- Tuesday 12 January, 8-10am PT / 11am-1pm ET / 4-6pm GMT
- Wednesday 13 January, 8-10am PT / 11am-1pm ET / 4-6pm GMT
- Tuesday 19 January, 8-10am PT / 11am-1pm ET / 4-6pm GMT
- Wednesday 20 January, 8-10am PT / 11am-1pm ET / 4-6pm GMT
Over 8 hours we’ll look at two frameworks: one to supercharge the UI; the second to design, plan and launch innovative new features and ideas.
What you’ll learn
Through a series of fun, practical exercises you’ll learn:
- Psychology and interaction design. A framework to evaluate and design interactions such as onboarding, search, navigation and eCommerce using psychology.
- Psychology and user experience. A second framework that can help you evaluate and improve the user experience of your digital products. How humans perceive and understand the world around them and how to build an innovative product around that framework.
- Psychology and the dark arts. Persuasive design, cognitive biases and other brain hacks – do they really work? You’ll learn how to apply psychology to digital design, as well as understanding the ethics of it.
Joe is a trained, experienced, primary school teacher – expect to be sketching, designing and applying the psychology from the very start of the workshop. He has been working remotely for 8 years so is well-practised in making online learning and development work brilliantly.
After the workshop, you’ll have the skills and confidence to:
- Design products, apps and websites that match how people think and behave
- Find, understand, evaluate and apply psychology theory to digital product design
- Have your own ethical framework for designing using psychology
- Make better, informed design decisions and advocate to the wider team using psychology theory
- To put psychology into practice as soon as you get back to your desk (a journey that won’t require a single step!)
There also an option to book an additional 1-2-1 coaching session with Joe after the session, to put into practice what you’ve learned and get Joe’s input on your specific business case.
Previous feedback for this Masterclass:
“It was an excellent workshop that was well-paced, engaging and allowed us to put our learnings into practice. It was one of the best workshops I’ve attended.”
“Joe was one of the most engaging teachers and provided thoughtful examples of how to apply psychology not just to product (for users) but also in the boardroom managing stakeholders.”
“Great pace, great speaker, hands-on. Lots of fun and very engaging.”
“Joe is a brilliant teacher”
“[I] Never thought learning psychology could be that much fun! Joe’s workshop is fun, social and highly practical, now I can use psychology in my daily design life!”