You’ll find all the information you need for this BoS Masterclass here, including:
- What you need to participate
- A link to join the BoS Slack Channel
- Details of pre-work to be completed before the Masterclass begins
- Zoom links to join each session of the Masterclass
About this Business of Software Masterclass
The post-pandemic economy will test us on a new set of skills. In the last decade, it had become easy to over-rely on iteration when building software. When we didn’t know what customers wanted, we learned to test our solution in the market to see what works. With the upcoming credit crunch, there’ll be an increasing emphasis on getting it right the first time. We’ll be tested on our visionary skills.
This workshop by the founder of the Radical Product Thinking movement will give you a practical approach to hone your visionary skills so you can iterate less and achieve more. You’ll come away with a systematic approach to craft a clear vision that aligns your team. You’ll develop a prioritisation rubric that helps you balance making progress towards your vision against the reality of everyday business needs. It will help your team make decisions like you would, even when you’re not on that Zoom call. Lastly, the approach in this workshop will help you make work feel more meaningful for your team – something we all seek as we adjust to the realities of a pandemic.
What You Need
To participate fully in this online masterclass, you will need:
- A Zoom account (paid or free, either is fine). You can sign up for a free account here.
- A Webcam and Microphone (the one built into your laptop/phone will be fine, but if you have something snazzier that’s even better!)
- To join the BoS Slack Channel.
The Masterclass will take place on Zoom. When you click the Zoom links to join the event, you will appear on screen in a Zoom meeting, so make sure you’re ready to be seen!
We’ll be using Slack to communicate before and during the event. Hop in to the #masterclass_radical-product-thinking-with-radhika-dutt channel now to introduce yourself.
Please complete the following 2 tasks before the first session of the Masterclass.
1 – Please read the following 3 blog posts.
2 – Download this PDF Toolkit which includes the exercises for the sessions.
3 – Think about your RDCL Strategy
A comprehensive product strategy helps you answer the following four questions. An easy to remember mnemonic is RDCL (pronounced ‘radical’):
- Why does anyone engage with your product? What’s the Real Pain Point?
- What functionality do they engage with? What’s the Design (functionality, and look and feel)?
- How do we provide that functionality? What Capabilities do we need to develop (both tangible e.g. IP or technology, or intangible e.g. relationships)
- How do we deliver the solution to the customer? What are the Logistics of our solution, i.e. pricing model, customer support, sales plan, etc?
Slack – Join here
(Join the #masterclass_radical-product-thinking-with-radhika-dutt channel)
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.