You’ll find all the information you need for this BoS Masterclass here, including:
- What you need to participate
- A link to join the BoS Slack Channel
- Details of pre-work to be completed before the Masterclass begins
- Zoom links to join each session of the Masterclass
Session 1 – Tuesday 14th July, 10am-12pm ET / 3-5pm BST
Session 2 – Thursday 16th July, 10am-12pm ET / 3-5pm BST
Slack – Join here
(Join the #masterclass_leading-product-management-teams-with-rich-mironov channel)
1 – Read this blog post on Product Spending and Implied Strategy
Try to apply it to your last quarter’s roadmap or project/ticket list for a sense of where you’re spending your R&D. We will be sharing results during the Masterclass.
2 – Read this blog post on the Slippery Slope of Sales-Led Development OR watch Roadmapping’s Organizational Challenges
We’ll be talking about prioritization when stakeholders aren’t aligned in the Masterclass, and doing an exercise around this.
3 – OPTIONAL Additional Pre-Work
- Read What Do Product Leaders Do? or watch Building and Scaling a Product Team in preparation for our discussion of what product leaders do.
- Read Interviewing Like A Product Manager, which may get you thinking about moving up the leadership ladder.
What You Need
To participate fully in this online masterclass, you will need:
- A Zoom account (paid or free, either is fine). You can sign up for a free account here.
- A Webcam and Microphone (the one built into your laptop/phone will be fine, but if you have something snazzier that’s even better!)
- To join the BoS Slack Channel.
The Masterclass will take place on Zoom. When you click the Zoom links to join the event, you will appear on screen in a Zoom meeting, so make sure you’re ready to be seen!
We’ll be using Slack to communicate before and during the event. Hop in to the #masterclass_leading-product-management-teams-with-rich-mironov channel now to introduce yourself.
About this Business of Software Masterclass
The jump from being a Product Manager to overseeing Product Managers/Owners is a big one. Most product leaders have little internal peer support for understanding and defining their roles. Our challenges demand fresh skills and organizational strategies, even as product-level work pulls us back into execution mode.
This Business of Software Masterclass, led by Silicon Valley product guru and author of ‘The Art of Product Management’ Rich Mironov will give you a practical approach and useful frameworks to help you lead your product management team successfully.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.