Churchill College, University of Cambridge, Storey’s Way, Cambridge, CB3 0DS
Churchill College is one of Cambridge University’s newest colleges. Situated on the North West side of Cambridge, the College is set in beautiful grounds and has a fascinating history, housing the Winston Churchill Archives. As well as its onsite cafe and bar it is staffed, as is traditional in Cambridge, by College Porters – friendly people in bowler hats who help with anything from booking a cab to organising a punting trip.
Trains from London Kings Cross and Liverpool Street Station in London run every half hour or so.
- Kings Cross trains tend to be faster, with fewer stops, and take approximately 50 minutes.
- You can check times and routes for all trains heading to Cambridge here.
- Churchill college is a 20 minute taxi ride from Cambridge station
(NB: Cambridge has two stations – Cambridge and Cambridge North – and although there are some wonderful businesses around Cambridge North, it is much further from the venue)
- Stansted Airport is the closest airport. You can travel by train to Cambridge which takes approximately 35 minutes. Alternatively, a taxi takes about the same time and costs approximately £70 – local cab info.
- Heathrow Airport is the closest intercontinental airport. Travel by train to Cambridge will take about two and a half hours and involve crossing London by Tube. A taxi takes about 90 minutes and costs approximately £140 – local cab info.
- Gatwick Airport is also an intercontinental hub but is on the other side of London. You can travel by train between Gatwick and Cambridge taking approximately 2 hours. Cars are about the same time and cost approximately £150 – local cab info.
- Cambridge Airport has no commercial flights but you can charter a flight – if you really wanted that VIP/not-having-to-share-an-armrest-with-a-stranger-feeling.
🚕 🛴 🚌 Buses, taxis, scooters
- The city has plenty of buses, taxis, and eScooters for you to get around with ease should you need them.
(NB: The city centre can get very congested during peak times and we suggest you take this into consideration when booking your accommodation. Staying on-site at Churchill College is our recommended option with just a pleasant stroll across the quad).
- There is free parking at Churchill for conference attendees. This is first come, first served and we are unable to reserve any spaces. More information and a map of the parking options at the college can be found here.
Churchill College offer en suite rooms at the venue. You can book rooms here (external booking site).
We recommend early booking as there are a limited number of rooms available. Our recommendation are the en-suite rooms in the Cowan Court building; these are much sought after so you’ll have to book fast!
This is where we and speakers are staying and we strongly recommend you stay at the venue as while there is a wealth of hotels in the city centre, travel across town can be difficult during peak times. We also provide full breakfast for attendees so you can start conversations from the moment you step out of the door of your room.
We want you to feel fully immersed and at home when you’re at a BoS, and as Cambridge is our home we hope you’ll feel like you’re visiting an old friend when you come to us.
If you have any questions about getting to/around the city, get in touch with Jo.
Learn how great SaaS & software companies are run
We produce exceptional conferences & content that will help you build better products & companies.
Join our friendly list for event updates, ideas & inspiration.