Spend quality time with successful entrepreneurs and experts working through some of the same challenges we all face right now.
Business of Software Conference USA Online 2020 is your chance to interact with entrepreneurs and experts building great software and SaaS companies and overcoming the same challenges you’re facing right now. You’ll hear insights from, and talk with, world leaders in product, sales, strategy, marketing, people, process, even crisis communications. Our new energizing format lets you interact directly, not just watch more Zoom videos.
A good online event has 3 key elements:
- Connecting with your fellow attendees in a meaningful and thoughtful way.
- Listening to experts sharing new ideas and thinking about what they mean to you.
- Engaging in stimulating conversations about topics you are passionate about.
We’ve built the BoS Conference USA Online schedule with these elements in mind. There will be opportunities for networking, plenty of interactive expert-led sessions, and topic-focused breakout discussions to ensure you can engage with experts and fellow attendees around the topics you want to discuss. You’ll leave with a to-do list of things to think about and share with your team, just like you would in person.
Please note: BoS Conference USA Online will take place on Eastern Time, from 8:30am-4pm ET on the first two days, and 8:30am-1pm on the 3rd day.
Highly curated sessions by expert speakers covering all manner of topics leaders in growing SaaS businesses need to think about – growth strategy, product management, company culture, leadership, and more.
Session leaders include April Dunford (Author, Obviously Awesome), Jason Fried (Founder/CEO, Basecamp & Hey), Bob Moesta (Co-architect of Jobs-To-Be-Done), and many more. No celebrity CEO speakers or sponsor talks – it might be online, but it’s still BoS. Nothing but actionable, thought-provoking talks to help you learn.
How will the Networking work?
Networking is always a key part of the BoS Conference experience – although we don’t love the word. ‘Networking’ can imply something cold and empty – a handing over of business cards and bravado-filled conversations that are void of listening.
At BoS Conferences, we make sure there is time for you to properly connect with your peers. We encourage you to come in ‘listen’ mode, and to spend time discussing your business challenges with other attendees. Your certain to meet someone who can help you, and someone you can help.
This year at BoS Conference USA Online will be no different – we’ve put a lot of thought into how to make BoS-style networking happen at a virtual event. There are 4 main types of networking throughout the event:
- Randomly Assigned Groups for Networking: The equivalent of bumping into people in the coffee queue at a physical event – chance encounters with interesting people.
- Randomly Assigned Groups for Group Exercises: In some of the sessions, speakers will set group exercises or questions. Attendees will be split into small groups to complete these exercises. A fantastic opportunity to puzzle over difficult questions with other smart entrepreneurs.
- Topic-Focussed Breakout Discussions: Each afternoon of the event (Eastern Time) will be devoted to Breakout Discussions. Attendees will pick which Discussion to attend from a group of pre-assigned topics, and will meet other attendees interested in the same topics as them.
- Slack Networking: We will have a Slack channel for the event where attendees can chat, organise their own breakout discussions and meetings, and individually message other attendees.
For more information about the Breakout Discussions, see the schedule.
What Online Conference platform are we using?
We value simplicity, and we think you do too. That’s why the conference will run on 2 bits of software that you’re probably already familiar with: Zoom and Slack. It’s that simple. We’re fed up of complicated online conference platforms that are the software equivalent of a labyrinth. So we’re using the tech you use day-in, day-out.
Zoom is where all the sessions will take place. All sessions will take place as Zoom Meetings – meaning that you appear on screen with everyone else. BoS Conference Online isn’t a stream to consume – it’s an interactive event where to participate, join discussions, and ask questions. That’s what a conference is all about, after all.
We’ll be using Slack to have deep and thoughtful conversations off the back of talks, introduce ourselves, and share pictures of cats. Think of it as the coffee bar, where everyone is milling around and you can speak to any of the attendees.
Looking to bring your exec team? Contact us for a group rate!
Code of Conduct
Our conference is dedicated to providing a harassment-free conference experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, religion (or lack thereof), or technology choices.
The full Code of Conduct can be found here.
Don't Miss a Thing - Get BoS Updates
Want us to let you know about new talk videos, speaker AMAs, Business of Software Conference and other event updates? Join the smart people who get BoS updates. Unsubscribe anytime. We will never sell your email address.