Joe Leech will be leading a breakout session at BoS Conf Spring.Online 26-27 April on the topic: “Why Don’t Your Customers Care About Your Website?”
A recovering neuroscientist, Joe has also spent time as an elementary/primary school teacher. Joe started his UX & product career almost 20 years ago and has worked with organisations like Raspberry Pi, AO.com, Disney, eBay, and Marriott as well as helping to supercharge high growth businesses and startups.
A practical, hands-on way to understand how the human brain works and apply that knowledge to user experience and product design. Learn the psychological principles behind how our brain makes sense of the world and apply that to product design and create easy to use, innovative products.
Through a series of fun, practical exercises you’ll learn:
- Psychology and interaction design. A framework to evaluate and design interactions such as onboarding, search, navigation and eCommerce using psychology.
- Psychology and user experience. A second framework that can help you evaluate and improve the user experience of your digital products. How humans perceive and understand the world around them and how to build an innovative product around that framework.
- Psychology and the dark arts. Persuasive design, cognitive biases and other brain hacks – do they really work? You’ll learn how to apply psychology to digital design, as well as understanding the ethics of it.
Joe is a trained, experienced, primary school teacher – expect to be sketching, designing and applying the psychology from the very start of the workshop. He has been working remotely for 8 years so is well-practised in making online learning and development work brilliantly.
After the workshop, you’ll have the skills and confidence to:
- Design products, apps and websites that match how people think and behave
- Find, understand, evaluate and apply psychology theory to digital product design
- Have your own ethical framework for designing using psychology
- Make better, informed design decisions and advocate to the wider team using psychology theory
- To put psychology into practice as soon as you get back to your desk (a journey that won’t require a single step!)
Why Don’t Your Customers Care About Your Website? – Breakout Session
What you will learn
In this informal and fun breakout session, Joe will offer some live feedback on the websites of participants. You will understand more about how the human brain works, how you can use that knowledge to make it easier for your customers/prospects to understand what you do, and some concrete next steps to make your website more valuable to you and your customers.
Who is Joe Leech?
Joe is the author of the book ‘Psychology of Designers’ and coaches startups and big organisations alike to do the right things in the right order for the right reasons.
Learn how great companies are run
At BoS we run events and publish content that is highly valued by anyone trying to build, run, and scale a great software company.
Sign up for a regular dose of actionable and useful content: