Management of Innovation
When you sign up for our excellent newsletter, you don’t just get access to first sight of new talks, invitations to exclusive hangouts with speakers and smart people and all the community goodness, we ask you if there is something we can help you with to help you navigate the over 300 talks from BoS Conference collected over 15 years from some of the smartest people in the industry. We try to find some particularly relevant content to help you think about your challenge.
This is a reply I got recently from a new subscriber:
> So hit reply and let me know the problem you’re trying to solve, and I’ll be in touch with some top advice from some of the software world’s brightest minds.
> Don’t believe me? Put me to the test…
I’ll take you on on that one:
On the topic of the Management of Innovation: Whose role is it in modern businesses, is it concentrated on a particular function or distributed amongst people? Any best practice? Insights?
What do you have in stock? Any interesting speakers in that sphere?
I hope you are well and not coughing.
On the topic of the Management of Innovation: whose role is it in modern businesses, is it concentrated on a particular function or distributed amongst people?
- Short answer: The CEO.
- Longer answer: The CEO, or it’s innovation theatre and will fail.
- The thinking of experts: The CEO.
Some good places to start…
- Tendayi Viki: Clever ideas are not enough for innovation.
- Alex Osterwalder: Alex discusses how to invent new business models, improve existing ones, and manage them all across the organization.
- Professor Rita McGrath: Seeing around corners, how to spot inflection points before it’s too late.
- Professor Clayton Christensen: The job your product does and why innovation fails.
- Geoffrey Moore: Core vs Context, the key to good strategy.
- Bob Moesta: The five skills of a successful innovator.
Learn how great SaaS & software companies are run
We produce exceptional conferences & content that will help you build better products & companies.
Join our friendly list for event updates, ideas & inspiration.