The 13th Annual Business of Software Conference USA took place in Boston a few weeks ago – September 16-18 2019. What an incredible few days. A huge thank you to all the speakers and attendees who made it one of the most memorable ever, for all the right reasons. The talks will be edited, published and transcribed in the next month or so but until then, here are the slides, sketch notes, interviews and photos from some of the attendees.
💻 Slide Decks
- Alex Osterwalder – Building Invincible Companies
- April Dunford – Obviously Awesome: Positioning For Growth
- Thompson Aderinkomi – Busting Some Myths About Building A Company
- Whitney O’Banner – Bottoms Up With OKRs
- Dharmesh Shah – Facing Fears To Build A Better Software Business
- Teresa Torres – Managing Outputs vs Outcomes
- Patrick Campbell – Not Being Terrible When Things Are Terrible
- Matt Wensing – Can Your Predict Your Company’s Success?
- Gareth Marlow – Why You Should Care About Cultivating Trust
- Sunish Gupta – Accessibility Is Not Rocket Science
- Eric & Brian Dosal – How & When To Finish Big
- Andy Ellis – Humans And Risk
- Cesar Kuriyama – Building An Accidental Business
- Rahul Vohra – How Game Design Can Inform Product Design
- Rita McGrath – Seeing Around Corners: How To Spot Inflection Points Before They Happen
✍️ Sketch Notes
During the sessions at #BoS2019, the incredibly talented Anne-Marie Miller of Carbon Orange drew Sketch Notes of each of the talks. It’s fair to say Anne-Marie completed quite the feat of endurance, drawing for over 14 hours over the course of 3 days.
You can see her amazing Sketch Notes below:
🎤 Interview with BoS Speakers
At the conference, Allison Grinberg-Funes sat down with Peldi Guilizzoni (Founder/CEO, Balsamiq), Whitney O’Banner (Senior Engineering Manager), and Cesar Kuriyama (Founder/CEO, 1 Second Everyday). They talked about what they learned at BoS, their experiences speakers, and the value of not being trendy and sexy.
Our good friend Greg Baugues took some fantastic photos this year at BoS. Thanks to the other attendees who added photos to the album as well! See if you can spot yourself 👀
A huge thank you to all our sponsors, attendees, speakers, and volunteers who helped to make #BoS2019 happen.
🦞 BoS Conference 2020
BoS Europe & BoS USA tickets are now on sale. You can save your place now, before the speakers are announced, to get the best deal.
Business of Software Conference Europe // 23-24 March 2020, Cambridge UK
Business of Software Conference USA // 21-23 September 2020, Boston MA
Learn how great companies are run
At BoS we run events and publish content that is highly valued by anyone trying to build, run, and scale a great software company.
Sign up for a regular dose of actionable and useful content: