The 12th Annual Business of Software Conference USA took place in Boston, MA, last month – October 1-3. What an incredible few days. A huge thank you to all the speakers and attendees who made it one of the most memorable ever, for all the right reasons. The talks will be edited, published and transcribed in the next month or so but until then, here are some of the notes, blog posts and other highlights from some of the attendees.
- Mikey Trafton – Managing Your Badass Team
- Peldi Guilizzoni – 10 Years Of Balsamiq: What I’ve Learned
- Bethany Pagels-Minor – The Many Flavors Of Agile: What The Right One For Your Team
- Bob Moesta – The 5 Skills Of An Innovator
- Jared Spool – Design Metrics That Matter
- Rich Mironov – What To Do About Your Audience’s Real Roadmap Questions
- Shawn Anderson & Shane Corellian – Alternative Marketing, or “Oops I Did A Marketing”
- Ayat Shukairy – Why “Customer First” Always Fails, And What To Do About It
- Rick Nucci – AI, Hype, And The Future Of Humanity
- Tania Katan – Creative Trespassing: How To Sneak More Creativity Into Your Work And Get More Done
- Matt Wensing – 1 Startup In 10 Years vs 1,000 Startups In 10 Minutes
- Greg Baugues – Mental Health: What You Can Do
- Isa Watson – Making Workplaces Work For Humans
- Rahul Vohra – The Product-Market Fit Engine
- Claire Suellentrop – Get Out Of The Echo Chamber: How To Use JTBD To Perfect Your Product’s Messaging
- Bruce McCarthy – Prioritization: Saying No To Good Ideas
- Bob Moesta – Switch: A JTBD Walkthrough (Coming Soon)
- Bruce McCarthy – Roadmaps Relaunched
Highlights & Notes
- Collaborative Notes, compiled by the BoS Attendees
- Day One Takeaways From The Business Of Software Conference – Abby Sorensen, Software Executive Magazine
- Key Takeaways from Business of Software USA 2018 – Bethan Palmer, IDR Solutions
- Business of Software Conference USA 2018: What You Missed – Abby Sorensen, Software Executive Magazine
- “One of the main highlights of my year” – Allison Grinberg-Funes, AppCues
- The first ever BoS Kindle Cover! – Rob Allen, One Door
Some personal highlights, set to the music of Lemmy Kilmister – Mark Littlewood, BoS Boss
Useful Related Content
- Using RACI as a tool for Accountability and Expectation Setting – Mikey Trafton’s template document for using RACI as a tool for accountability and expectation setting at work.
- Inside PDQ’s Content Marketing Success – Abby Sorensen interviews Shawn Anderson and Shane Corellian from PDQ on their alternative approach to marketing.
- Embracing & Optimizing A Remote Work Mentality – Software Executive Magazine interviews Peldi from Balsamiq about growing a remote workforce.
- The Biggest Software Company Culture Mistake (& Other Advice From A Tech CEO) – Interview with Isa Watson from Squad by Envested on the meaning of culture.
Live Switch Interview
In Bob Moesta’s Workshop, he did a live interview to show how you can interview customers to get to the root of what drove them to buy your product. Here, Bob interviews BoS Attendee Doug Rawson to figure out why he recently bought a FitBit, having not worn a watch in years.
Tickets for #BoS2019 are now on sale – save your place by clicking below.
Get your Fall BoS Conference Ticket
27 - 29 September 2021, Online
BoS Conferences are the events professional CEOs and serious founders attend to learn how to build, run, and scale successful software companies.
First batch of speakers and sessions have been announced. Attendance is limited to 300 spots.