Some great talk write-ups from attendees at Business of Software Conference USA 2015. This page has links to photos, slide decks of speaker presentations, attendee notes. If you want to suggest some notes or additions, please get in touch with Joe who will add them to the list.
Business of Software Conference USA media
- You can view and download the slide decks for all of the talks here.
- The Flickr Set – photographs – principle contributions from Betsy Weber, John Knox, Dave Collins.
- Business of Software Conference event Storify – the social media summary – don’t worry, it is curated.
Attendee notes on conference talks
- Rock Solid Software Without Hiring an Army – Notes on Trish Khoo’s Talk. Lisa Wells, Xebia Labs.
- REWRITE – notes from David Heinemeier Hansson talk at Business of Software 2015. Saravanna Kumar, BizTalk360.
- Slaughtering Sacred Cows and Other Stories – a Business of Software Conference Recap. Steli and Phil at Close.io write up some of their personal takeaways and highlights.
- Great Simple Advice to get the Most from Business Conferences. Neat and actionable advice from Trevor Lohrbeer, (FastFedora) about getting the most from conference attendance – any conference, not just BoS.
- The Unicorn Bubble. A pre-BoS blog rant by Mark Littlewood.
- Why I Hate Forking Unicorns and the Culture They Breed. Seems I’m not the only one. This blog post from entrepreneur turned VC, Mark Suster came out this week.
- Trevor Lohrbeer’s notes from Business of Software Conference 2015. (FastFedora)
- An outstanding set of notes. Every talk recapped.
- ‘My scribbles from the Conference’ Again, these notes are outstanding from Tom Graham at HeyUpdate. He wrote the notes to help himself recap what was said and learn as much as he could from all of the great speakers. Hopefully others will find them useful too.
- David Heinemeier Hansson — REWRITE
- Claire Lew — Don’t Be The Last to Know
- Patrick McKenzie — Hiring at Scale
- Jeff Szczepanski — Scaling is About Unscaling Technical Debt
- Paul Kenny — Difficult Conversations
- Aaron Aycock — Making the Leap (Lightning talk)
- Trish Khoo — Rock Solid Software Without Hiring an Army
- Steli Efti — The Art of Selling Software
- Alex Osterwalder — How to Design Organizational Culture
Attendee video recaps
- Short video recap. A clever idea from Phil and Steli at Close.io. 15 minutes or so of them videoing themselves, talking through some of the highlights and key takeaways. I also like this because it makes my phone videos look professional!
The videos of talks will be posted online and we will follow up with some of the speakers to run Google Hangouts to answer any questions you may have over the course of the year.
Don't Miss a Thing - Get BoS Updates
Want us to let you know about new talk videos, speaker AMAs, Business of Software Conference and other event updates? Join the smart people who get BoS updates. Unsubscribe anytime. We will never sell your email address.