This year’s workshop sessions were designed to help get people talking and thinking together in smaller groups. We hope everyone had the opportunity to enjoy themselves and meet some interesting people. Each team had a maximum of 20 people from different companies and they all worked together to produce a series of specific outputs to 10 challenges. Overall available time was 90 minutes and the results were submitted online. Here are the outputs of the team LUDDITES.
Name of team: LUDDITES
Names and superpower of members:
- The Pedestrian — Travels using the immense power of his strong legs
- Affable Girl — Has friends in real life
- The Remote Controller — Can manually push buttons on electronic devices
- The Cleaner — Can tidy without a robotic aid
- LowFi Man — Sees everything in low definition
- The Cat — Destroys birds
- The Brain — Stores information IN HIS BRAIN
- The T-Totaller — Resists Alcohol
- The Surface — +6 defence to iPad
- Unreachable Man — +4 defence to smart phones
- Always Buffered Man — Is… always buffered
- NaviMan — Has premonitions about minor traffic congestion
- Unity Man — Brings people together (via a closed platform)
- The Cartographer — Navigates using mighty eyes and ears
- The Librarian — Can read real books
- Captain Verbosity — Uses many words
- The Fireplace — Heats foodstuffs using FIRE
- The Undivided Atom — Resistant to nuclear power
- Thumb Girl — Can manually turn pages
- The Non-Sharing — Can avoid the crap out of Facebook
Using a single packet of spaghetti and marshmallows, LUDDITES built a spaghetti tower 37 inches tall.
To better their BoS experience, they wireframed a special Mobile App. They shared some screen shots with us. Unfortunately, we could not find the file.
LUDDITES talked about something important they learned in BoS 2012 in a 1 minute video. Watch it to learn more about ‘Money or Happiness’. (Because this was uploaded onto a screencast website, we couldn’t embed the video but I bet you a pack of Sugru it will make you laugh unless you have no sense of humour).
After cutting a piece of letter paper into a ring, LUDDITES claimed 20 people passed it over their head to the floor without ring breaking. You can see for yourselves here.
They built a spaghetti bridge to span the gap between two BoS conference tables without declaring the exact width.
- “Go to BOS 2012??? Profit!”.
Finally, LUDDITES explored the ‘Secret of Happiness’ in the world. In a 1 minute video they explained how software could increase happiness.
Thank you, LUDDITES for participating and being up to the challenge of BoS 2012 Workshop!
Learn how great SaaS & software companies are run
We produce exceptional conferences & content that will help you build better products & companies.
Join our friendly list for event updates, ideas & inspiration.