Congratulations to the successful Lightning Talk applicants this year:
- Jody Burgess, Tribbon: Living Fearlessly
- Brock Armstrong, Frozen Puck: How Our Jobs Are Killing Us and What We Can Do About It – Fitness for Software Nerds
- Des Traynor, Intercom.io: They’re all Just Perspectives
- Joel Worrall, CURE International: Be Smart, Get Things Done, and Change the World
- Greg Menvielle, Pyramedium: Improve People’s Lives – You Have 20 Years
- Each presenter has 15 slides
- The slides advance automatically every 30 seconds
- PowerPoint (We run 2010 but can display earlier versions) or Keynote
- 16:9 Formatted Slides
- We will be running all content in 1280X720
We had over 50 entries for Lightning Talks this year. Reviewing that many could have been a chore – in any sort of competition like this, the quality spread can be, errm, ‘variable’. As we went through them, it became clear that we had another problem – there were too many really promising entries to make easy decisions.
We have selected 5 of the final Lightning Talk speakers to speak (the effort some people put into their applications was incredible) but have also selected some of the others to participate in a Lightning Talk ‘bake-off on the first day of the conference. This will be coordinated by two time Lightning Talk veteran Patrick Foley – thank Patrick.
Those speakers will be delivering their talk, privately, in front of each other and will then select a speaker to make their Lightning Talk in front of the full audience on Tuesday.
Thank you to everyone who entered. Some great ideas, some creative approaches, it was a tough call. See you in October.
Learn how great SaaS & software companies are run
We produce exceptional conferences & content that will help you build better products & companies.
Join our friendly list for event updates, ideas & inspiration.