Congratulations to the successful Lightning Talk applicants this year:
- Jody Burgess, Tribbon: Living Fearlessly
- Brock Armstrong, Frozen Puck: How Our Jobs Are Killing Us and What We Can Do About It – Fitness for Software Nerds
- Des Traynor, Intercom.io: They’re all Just Perspectives
- Joel Worrall, CURE International: Be Smart, Get Things Done, and Change the World
- Greg Menvielle, Pyramedium: Improve People’s Lives – You Have 20 Years
- Each presenter has 15 slides
- The slides advance automatically every 30 seconds
- PowerPoint (We run 2010 but can display earlier versions) or Keynote
- 16:9 Formatted Slides
- We will be running all content in 1280X720
We had over 50 entries for Lightning Talks this year. Reviewing that many could have been a chore – in any sort of competition like this, the quality spread can be, errm, ‘variable’. As we went through them, it became clear that we had another problem – there were too many really promising entries to make easy decisions.
We have selected 5 of the final Lightning Talk speakers to speak (the effort some people put into their applications was incredible) but have also selected some of the others to participate in a Lightning Talk ‘bake-off on the first day of the conference. This will be coordinated by two time Lightning Talk veteran Patrick Foley – thank Patrick.
Those speakers will be delivering their talk, privately, in front of each other and will then select a speaker to make their Lightning Talk in front of the full audience on Tuesday.
Thank you to everyone who entered. Some great ideas, some creative approaches, it was a tough call. See you in October.
Get your Fall BoS Conference Ticket
27 - 29 September 2021, Online
BoS Conferences are the events professional CEOs and serious founders attend to learn how to build, run, and scale successful software companies.
First batch of speakers and sessions have been announced. Attendance is limited to 300 spots.