- How come you can recognise the tune of the number one song of 1968 as being Hey Jude by the Beatles, but not the number two song?
- Why has the iPod had the success that the Zune has been denied?
- Why are Herman Miller chairs cool, but their functionally equivalent competitors lame?
- Why is Ruby hip but Java square?
- Why are clean code, usability and basic marketing just hygiene factors?
- How come they can get you to the number two spot, but not to number one?
In this video from Business of Software 2008, Joel explains the three important factors behind getting to number one. Along the way, he talks about anthropology, psychology, Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie.
Get on the BoS Conference Mailing List
Be first to see new videos, join free speaker hangouts, stay up to date on BoS Conference programmes and a regular dose of thought provoking ideas from around the web that will make you look smarter at home & at work.
Unsubscribe anytime. We will never sell your email address.