USA Conference Venue
A.J. Fletcher Opera Theatre at the Performing Arts Center,
2 E. South St., Raleigh, NC 27601
“Hardly a bad seat in the house. Small and more intimate feel.”
Fletcher Opera Theater, located on the east side of the Martin Marietta Center for the Performing Arts, is the 600-seat theatre designed for opera performances, dance, music and theatrical productions in an intimate setting.
Getting There – Travel
- Raleigh-Durham International Airport is the closest airport approx 25 minute drive
RDU guests may call Taxi Taxi at (919) 333-3333 for any airport-related taxi needs. Walk-up taxi service is available at both Terminals in the Taxi zones.
Airlines serving Raleigh-Durham International include: Southwest, spirit, Air Canada, American Airlines, Delta, United, and many others.
- Charlotte International Airport offers nonstop air service to 178 destinations around the globe and is home to eight major air carriers, 15 regional carriers and three foreign flag carriers.
Charlotte is approx 5-6 hours away by public transport or 3 hours drive both taking you via Greensboro.
Airlines serving Charlotte Douglas International Airport include: Southwest, spirit, Air Canada, American Airlines, Delta, United, and many others.
- From I-40 / South Raleigh
From I-40 take exit 298-B. Go 1.5 miles north on S. Saunders St. Turn right onto South St. Go 2 blocks. Center is on the right.
- From US-1 / Capital Blvd. / North Raleigh
Take US-1 South into Raleigh. US-1 becomes Capital Blvd. Stay on Capital Blvd., crossing over I-440 (the Beltline). After you cross I-440 go another 3.4 miles south. Capital Blvd. becomes Dawson St. Go 10 blocks south on Dawson St. (0.8 miles). Turn left onto South St. Go 3 blocks on South St. Performing Arts Center is on the right.
- There are multiple lots, all conveniently located near the Performing Arts Center, look for the “Event Parking” signs. You can now download the Passport Mobile Parking app and easily pay for your parking on your phone. Parking lots are Zone #7004 and parking deck is Zone #7010.
Accessible parking spaces are available on the first level of each garage and in the lots.
- A drop-off area is located in the brick area in front of Lichtin Plaza. Driving on the Plaza is strictly prohibited.
If you have any questions about the venue, get in touch with Kirk.