Business of Software 2013 is over, but not forgotten. Here is the schedule for the event that ran from the evening of Sunday 27th October to the afternoon of Wednesday 31st October.
Sunday 27th October
- 13.00: Boston Photowalk
- 19.00: Registration open until 21.00 & Reception
- 22.00: Retire.
Monday 28th October
- 07.30: Registration & Breakfast
- 09.00: Professor Rita McGrath – The end of Competitive Advantage
- 10.00: Bob Moesta & Chris Spiek – Understanding ‘Jobs to be done’
- 11.00: Break
- 11.30: Scott Berkun – My year without pants – the future of work
- 12.30: Lunch & networking
- 13.45: Dharmesh Shah – Scaling a successful software business culture
- 14.45: Greg Baugues – Developers, entrepreneurs & depression
- 15.15: Break
- 15.45: Paul Kenny – Group Workshops – Understanding your preferred work style and when to ‘flex’
- 17.15: Mikey Trafton – How to hire world class people
- 18.15: Break end of Day 1
- 18.30: Monday night networking & party at the Whiskey Priest
Tuesday 29th October
- 08.00: Breakfast
- 09.00: Jeff Gothelf – A step-by-step guide to making innovation better
- 10.00: Ask the Audience
- 10.45: Break
- 11.15: Dan Siroker – If data can help win elections, what can it do for your busienss?
- 12.15: Lunch & networking
- 13.30: Thomas Erickson – How to scale a global software business successfully
- 14.30: Sarah Hatter – Support is never, ever, as important as product development. Discussr
- 15.30: Break
- 16:00: Jim Geisman – Getting software pricing ‘right enough’
- 16.30: Lightning Talks – five speakers, 7.5 minutes each
- 17.15: Scott Farquhar – Leadership in crisis – when stuff gets real
- 18.15: Break end of Day 2
- 18.30: Self-propelled Listener & Speaker Dinners
- (Attendees split into informal groups for dinner and drinks. Take a look at some of the nearby restaurants on TripAdvisor or see what’s on offer at the newly opened Boston New Waterfront). You are also invited to join the Avangate Scholars for a celebratory dinner at Morton’s – registration required and strictly limited space.
Wednesday 30th October
- 08.00: Breakfast
- 09.00: Patrick McKenzie – How to build tools to sell the things you make
- 10.00: Break
- 10.15: Michael Muhney – From sales to software
- 11.15: Wrap up
- 11.30: Kathy Sierra – Building the minimum badass user. Part 2. Unfinished business.
- 12.30: Conference Close. Boxed lunch.
- 13.00: Post Event Workshops – details, registration and to register – please note you can attend the half day workshops without attending the full conference.