This year’s workshop sessions were designed to help get people talking and thinking together in smaller groups. We hope everyone had the opportunity to enjoy themselves and meet some interesting people. Each team had a maximum of 20 people from different companies and they all worked together to produce a series of specific outputs to 10 challenges. Overall available time was 90 minutes and the results were submitted online. Here are the outputs of the WALLABIES.
Name of team: WALLABIES.
Names and superpower of members:
- Josh Frankel – Super Sarcasm
- Alex Czartoryski – Turns paper into string
- Brett Grego – Marshmallow construction
- Mark Checn – Pivot Tables at the speed of light
- Joseph Mastey – Scale walls with no gear
- Phillippe Asselin – Turning Frowns Upside Down
- Michael Christofoiles – Solving Problems
- Mike Petsalis – Pivot on a dime
- Ariane Holzhauer – Finding Problems
- Jeff Szczepanski – Guessing People’s Age
- Kris Goldhair – Selling features we don’t have
- Josh Sullivan – Tweets about twitter
- Simon Huntley – Feeding the world
- Matthew Dean – Excel Master
- Steve Hanov – Changing diapers without waking up
- Matthew Wensig – Bootstrapping with children
- Bradley Batt – Making the complex simple
- Adam Russell – Creating Problems
- Patrick Foley – Persistence and Shooting Rubber Bands
- Brian Leach – Cat herding
- Philip Prescott – Levitation
Using a single packet of spaghetti and marshmallows, WALLABIES built a spaghetti tower 54 inches tall.
THE WALLABIES talked about something important they learned in BoS 2012 in a 1 minute video. Watch it to learn more.
We counted 23 people that passed a paper ring over their head to the floor without it breaking. You can see for yourselves here.
They built a spaghetti bridge to span a 54 inches wide gap. Here is the photo.
They took a picture that encapsulates the Business of Software Conference.
In less than 140 characters, the proposed business strategy for Twitter of the WALLABIES is to “Grow free user base, introduce paid prods: live and scheduled tweets for biz special events & promos cs specific platform & analytics sales”.
Finally, the WALLABIES explained to us in a 1 minute video how software could solve the ‘communication’ problem in the world.
Thank you, WALLABIES for participating and being up to the challenge of BoS 2012 Workshop!
Get your Fall BoS Conference Ticket
27 - 29 September 2021, Online
BoS Conferences are the events professional CEOs and serious founders attend to learn how to build, run, and scale successful software companies.
First batch of speakers and sessions have been announced. Attendance is limited to 300 spots.