Alex is an entrepreneur, business model innovator and co-founder of Strategyzer, a SaaS company that helps organizations develop new growth engines, better value propositions and powerful business models.He is obsessed with making strategy, innovation and entrepreneurship simple, practical, and applicable. He is lead author of Business Model Generation and Value Proposition Design, which sold over a million copies in 37 languages. USA Today named BMG among the 12 best business books of all time.
Alex invented the Business Model Canvas, a strategic management tool to visualize, challenge and (re-)invent business models. He has held guest lectures in top universities including Wharton, Stanford, Berkeley, IESE, MIT and IMD.
Alex has spoken at Business of Software Conference 5 times before:
- BoS USA 2019 – Building Invincible Companies
- BoS Europe 2017 – Jobs, Pains and Gains, & Designing Better Value Propositions
- BoS USA 2015 – How To Design Organisational Culture
- BoS Europe 2014 – Tools To Help You Run Your Business
- BoS USA 2011 – Business Model Innovation
Designing Breakthrough Business Models With A Real Business
In this interactive session, Alex and Tendayi will work with a real life BoS Conference attendee to show how to: evaluate your portfolio of existing innovations, evaluate your existing business model; understand its strengths and weaknesses; then use the right questions to redesign a breakthrough business model. They’ll demonstrate how to use nine business model questions to reinvent your business as you consider the strategic shifts in your environment.
You will learn how to:
- Distinguish between efficiency, sustaining and transformative innovations.
- Review an existing business model using the right questions.
- Redesign the business model with breakthrough ideas.