9-11am PT / 12pm-2pm ET / 5-7pm BST, 23 & 25 June
LIMITED TO 12 ATTENDEES
Customer research is a key requirement for anyone needing to shape their product development strategy. Interviewing is undeniably one of the most valuable and commonly used user research tools but doing great interviews does not always mean impactful outcomes on product.
It’s too important to be left to chance, particularly in an environment where customer needs are changing fast.
In this interactive Business of Software Masterclass, Steve Portigal, one of the world’s leading user researchers, shows you how your user research should be used to guide your product development process. This session builds on his other workshop, User research: Uncovering compelling insights through interviews – although it’s not necessary to attend both.
The Masterclass is limited to just 12 attendees, to ensure attendees get maximum value.
You Will Learn
- How to make customer research matter to your product development process
- How to engage others in your organization successfully in the interviewing experience
- How to make insights gathered from customer interviews count
- How to move from data to insights to opportunities
- How to prioritize their research findings and create new opportunities within their own organization
Dates & Times
This BoS Masterclass will take place over two 2-hour sessions in the same week. You will also be set 1 hour of work to be completed before the first session.
Session 1: 9-11am PT / 12pm-2pm ET / 5-7pm BST, Tuesday 23rd June 2020
Session 2: 9-11am PT / 12pm-2pm ET / 5-7pm BST, Thursday 25th June 2020
Principal of a boutique consultancy. Committed to helping clients take ownership of new insights about their customers; thereby driving changes in products, services, designs, messages and processes.
Specialities: ethnographic research, innovation, qualitative market research, user experience, facilitation, design, ideation, leading workshops, process improve
An elite author, Steve has written articles, podcasts and books including:
- Doorbells, Danger, and Dead Batteries: User Research War Stories
- What I Learned From 100 Doodles In 100 Days
- Dollars to Donuts
- Interviewing Users:How to Uncover Compelling Insights
- Content, the Once and Future King
- Stick to the Knitting
- The Power of Bad Ideas
Don't Miss a Thing - Get BoS Updates
Want us to let you know about new talk videos, speaker AMAs, Business of Software Conference and other event updates? Join the smart people who get BoS updates. Unsubscribe anytime. We will never sell your email address.