This is a fabulous talk/rant/stand up routine from Des Traynor, co Founder of Intercom on the core principles of Product Strategy. It’s only 7.5 minutes long but has lots of great points as well as a secret trick about watching your competitors that will guarantee you can build a useless sucky product that no one wants (or not).
Useful talk if you want to:
- Understand the single most important word in the product management toolbox
- Understand some of the simple drivers that make products too complicated for users to work
- How to prioritise your product roadmap
- Know why Des wouldn’t be much use in a knife fight
- Understand the myth of ‘engagement’
A useful talk if you don’t want to:
- Deliver yesterday’s broken technology – tomorrow.
Not bad for 7.5 minutes of viewing. Can’t get enough of Des? Us neither. We loved the content of this Lightning Talk so much that he is the first speaker we have got for Business of Software Conference 2014.
Learn more effective frameworks for product management at Business of Software Europe (25-26 June, Cambridge). Hear what works based on the hard-won experience of founders in software, and brainstorm new approaches with a friendly and supportive group of peers.
For more like this, visit the BLN’s talk library and find seven years of insights on building a great tech business.