This year’s workshop sessions were designed to help get people talking and thinking together in smaller groups. We hope everyone had the opportunity to enjoy themselves and meet some interesting people. Each team had a maximum of 20 people from different companies and they all worked together to produce a series of specific outputs to 10 challenges. Overall available time was 90 minutes and the results were submitted online. Here are the outputs of the REPLACEMENT REFS.
Name of team: REPLACEMENT REFS.
Names and superpower of members:
- Master Manipulator – Invisibly control…something
- Vertical Man – Climbs any mountain
- The Rock – No obstacle can take him down
- Mr Supernova – Creates new worlds
- Inspiration Man – Power to persuade with a single word
- Mr. Big Picture – Flies overhead to see everything at once
- Evasive Man – Ability to teleport beyond this dimension
- Mr Fantastic – X-Ray vision to see solutions to problems
- The Masked Multitasker – Accomplishes much while remaining stealthy
- The Prognosticator – Sees the future…from the past
- The Chameleon – Able to adapt to any situation
- The Great Scot! – Invincible in battle
- The Atomic Sponge – Absorbs everything around him
- Eagle Eye – Laser vision and superhuman focus
- The Phantom – Its almost like he’s not here
- Bride of the Phantom – Is she here? Nobody knows!
Using a single packet of spaghetti and marshmallows, REPLACEMENT REFS built a spaghetti tower 63 inches tall.
To better their BoS experience, they wireframed a special Mobile App. They shared some screen shots with us.
REPLACEMENT REFS talked about something important they learned in BoS 2012 in a 1 minute video. Watch it to learn more.
After cutting a piece of letter paper into a ring, REPLACEMENT REFS claimed 4 people passed it over their head to the floor without ring breaking. You can see for yourselves.
They built a spaghetti bridge to span a 19 inches wide gap.
They created an image that encapsulates the Business of Software Conference. Have a look.
In less than 140 characters, the proposed business strategy for Twitter of the REPLACEMENT REFS is
- “Success is selling puppies. Puppies attract & interact w people, trivialize $$$ & are so loved people look past occasional poop as they grow”.
Finally, REPLACEMENT REFS explained to us in a 1 minute video how software tackles problem solving.
Thank you, REPLACEMENT REFS for participating and being up to the challenge of BoS 2012 Workshop!
Don't Miss a Thing - Get BoS Updates
Want us to let you know about new talk videos, speaker AMAs, Business of Software Conference and other event updates? Join the smart people who get BoS updates. Unsubscribe anytime. We will never sell your email address.