This year’s workshop sessions were designed to help get people talking and thinking together in smaller groups. We hope everyone had the opportunity to enjoy themselves and meet some interesting people. Each team had a maximum of 20 people from different companies and they all worked together to produce a series of specific outputs to 10 challenges. Overall available time was 90 minutes and the results were submitted online. Here are the outputs of the ORIGINAL ORANGE BALLOON.
Name of team: ORIGINAL ORANGE BALLOON.
Names and superpower of members:
- Peter ‘I wrangle technical debt’ Bell
- Dave ‘Brain full of marshmallow’ Collins
- Brian ‘Orange paper-cutter’ Buchanan
- Joe ‘Scalpel’ Corkery
- Jody ‘Fearless’ Burgess
- Abder ‘The Listener’ Guezour
- Mike ‘The cleaner (of legacy code)’ Clement
- Lukas ‘Empathy’ Fittl
- Jeff ‘Confuser’ Kwuchte
- Rob ‘Car trunk packer’ James
- Hamid ‘Air guitar’ Shojaee
- Ronit ‘The cleaner (when the shit hits the fan)’ Kelapure
- Justin ‘Spaghetti towers’ James
- Randy ‘I see the future’ Staats
- Paolo ‘I bounce like a rubber ball’ Ottana
- Ricardo ‘Write at the speed of thought’ Parreira
- Michael ‘Stubborn’ Chapman
- Ryan ‘Indestructible underpants’ Wheeler
- Neil ‘Invisible, but only when ordering at the bar’ Davidson
- Jim ‘I can fly’ Hidlay
- Michael ‘Sublimawesomeinal’ Krakowskiy
- Gregory ‘I curse other people’s software’ Menvielle
Using a single packet of spaghetti and marshmallows, ORIGINAL ORANGE BALLOON built a spaghetti tower 40 inches tall.
To better their BoS experience, they wireframed a special Mobile App. They shared some screen shots with us.
ORIGINAL ORANGE BALLOON talked about something important they learned in BoS 2012 in a 1 minute video. Watch it to find out why Mark is tied down.
After cutting a piece of letter paper into a ring the ORIGINAL ORANGE BALLOON claimed 24 people passed it over their head to the floor without ring breaking. You can see for yourselves.
They built a spaghetti bridge to span a 54cm (21.26 inches) wide gap.
Possibly inspired by the spaghetti tower project, the ORIGINAL ORANGE BALLOON captured the essence of Business of Software Conference with artistic photography.
In less than 140 characters, the proposed business strategy for Twitter by ORIGINAL ORANGE BALLOON is
- “Twitter will continue 2 b the conduit of useless ramblings for the worlds under heard & we will make money by promoting & selling that data”.
Finally, they explained in a 1 minute video how software helps us overcome ‘corruption’.